Saturday, February 25, 2006

Born Yesterday!

Everywhere we go, we leave imprints of what is special inside us. We are always judged and we always judge people's attitude in one field by seeing what their attitude is in other fields. Sometimes the judgement may go wrong, but most of the time it comes nearly right. And Last night when I entered my room, it suddenly stuck me why that could be true.
The state of things going on in my life can be judged from the scene in my room. When my life is running smoothly, my room is pretty clean and everything is in order . I know where I can find everything I possess just like I know what is going on in every phase of my life. The state of my room is a good model to represent the dynamic nature of things going on in my life. The room starts out as clean after a break(when I think i have thought out what am I going to do) and slowly things start getting cluttered but still I wait. I wait till things start getting out of hand when it takes turning the whole room upside down to find something. So are things in my life, something goes a little out of way, I let it drift for longer than i should and then it takes a huge effort to get things in better also requiring a lot of luck in steering a car with not a good skid control mechanism. I have a friend who's room is clean and ordered despite a large multitude of things in his life and that is how he is in real life too, ordered and well balanced in all things. Another of my close friends has a room which has only the simple necessities and no frills (not even a computer) and so his attitude in life of enjoying simple things.
Now once in a while things start going out of hand and I realize that I can not do anything productive in the state my room is and then I decide to spend some time cleaning it up and putting things back in order. NOW How I wish the analogy was bidirectional i.e.
Putting my room in order would put the things going in my life in order?

3 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Siddhartha Banerjee said...

Gulshan and NV?
I bet my room's way worse than yours though!

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the first line, and the analogy you give, though my room is sparkling clean like once every few days when i just get up and decide to clean everything, and that is when I 'decide' to be string-willed and clear away, or atleast hide in invisible corners, some of the clutter in my room/life. Thinking on this I realise it may not be, but it could easily be bidirectional, because it's just a desire, strong will, clarity of thought and a temporary divorce with indolence that it takes to have a cleaner room, and also, an ordered life.
And, there's no qualms in asking for help from friends.

Don't just talk, say something.
I shall wait to heat.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger inhas said...

@ bofi bingo. i do not bet though i can say my life is more disordered than yours though it is starting to straigthen out after a couple of decisions.

@anonymous thanx for dropping by. Is this will to have ordered life a personal desire or a desire imposed by the surroudings ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home