Saturday, November 26, 2005

A notice!

It is quite remarkable that if we start noticing something new and our alert most of the time how we start coming across that thing. It has happened to me that when I look up a word in dictionary , magically I come across that word in something different I am reading. It is the same with with my thoughts, a thought comes in my head ( waise do you come up with a thought or the thoughts come to you??) I see the same thought across in many writings or in a movie. It can not be purely coincidental. And while I was thinking about it, I remembered something some one told me long ago (and yes he is same some one as the last time ;-) )

"If you give importance to little things in life they begin to grow. Its upto you to decide which things you want to grow and which things you want to remove like weeds from the field when they are tiny".

Now how did this thought come into my head, I had gone shopping today for gifts and souveniers for friends and family and it was a tough job . First it is difficult to find things that you can carry easily back home and then when you find them they are so freakingly expensive. I saw this amazing piece of swedish crystal and immediately fell in love with it. But I was momentarily stunned when I saw the price . 5000 Kronas. That is nearly 30,000 rupees. For a piece of rock. And that made me think about money in life. I have never felt the need to have too much money, partly coz my parents can provide for more than the basic needs . It is not important to have obnoxious amounts of money in life to be happy, you must know how to spend it on right things. Sometimes a 5 rupee flower can touch more than an expensive necklace/ipod/watch/(______ fill up anything you like). Really like the mastercard advertisement
"There are some things in life money can not buy. "
I have to remember never to let the thought of having lots of money grow on me.
Now what was amazing was, once I came back and resumed my internet hopping, I came to this article ("A path of glory" ) which some of you might have already read. There are some people who struggle all their lives just to get a decent standard of living. The big dreams which people used to have, they have become of little importance with globalization and time. Earlier it was owning a car, now it has been replaced by having a Mercedes. The simple pleasures have been taken away.
I have also made one more observation, that only a few people in Europe realize that they are the same as all the people in the world, except that they were LUCKY enough to be born in a developed nation. Actually it was not an observation i made, but something pointed out to me by one of my sedish friends. A human being in Sweden is no different from human being in Africa, so why the prejudices. Be aware of the fact that you are one of the lucky ones and utilize the opportunity. I also had one more quesiton in my head about which I may or may not write. Sometimes I feel that why do we have to pay in life for being born in a particular country . Do not take it to be that I regret being an Indian, I am proud to be an Indian but the country has still a long way to go. It is so ironic that you do not even decide how and where you begin your life. I am beginning to believe in destiny. Here I come..........

4 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

Let's at least be grateful that we can decide where to end our life, mostly that is..
:)

ah, so u believe in destiny.
Me too, but for diferent reasons.

Happy growing!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger inhas said...

I did not know that we could decide when to end one's life?? If that is, I wish to die on 29 February 2048 :-) .. i do not believe in destiny...I am beginning to believe that is what i said and I am very slow learner...thinking about fate and destiny right now... btw.. thanx for the optimism 'happy' growing....

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

yes, i'm trying to think and believe and ram myself down wih only optimism is samay

i'll believe in dstiny one day, thats my belief

and we can choose where, as in which country to die in, to a very large extent...not WHEN, of crse!

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You become conscious of the existence of those thoughts once you becopme aware of them, methinks.
You're right about the developed country bit. I often think the same thing - we're all busting our arses not to be world leaders, but to simply be given the opportunity to be able to live a life the average well-to-do Westerner would consider his birthright.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home