Wednesday, November 30, 2005

What do you call problems......

How long does it take to touch a chord with some one? A moment, a minute or eternity? There are some people you instantly fall in love/sync with. You become comfortable with each other as if you had known each other for a long time. This is not going where you are thinking .... but this is about one of my swedish friends. He is twenty, tall and this lovable character. He wishes to be a doctor one day, gives half as many re-exams as the exams, sucks at flowers, though loves biology in general. One of those easy go lucky guys. We hit off together the first day we met. Why am i talking about him? cause he coined one of the amazing terms I have ever heard.

We were having dinner together and he started telling me how he had problems deciding whether he should go to hungary next year for prep school or he should stay in Sweden to study by himself and save some moolah. Also he said he was having problems deciding if he should go with his friends to Italy this weekend . Then he started smiling and said that "Do you know what my father said when I told him all these problems . He said, what you have my son are not problems, they are LUXURY problems." How very true?

Do I have any major problems in life. I do not have to think where my next meal is going to come from, I do not have to work in pitiable conditions and not getting paid for it enough like many people in India. I have so many friends and lots of love in life. Then why the hell do I think that I am having an unhappy problematic life most of the times and only some times I feel really excited and happy.
I do not have any problems with my life from this day onwards. But you could say that I have been bitten by the bug of luxury problems and it itches some times.
Thanx Darius for giving me those words.

9 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well again so true!!Just today I was talking to a friend from some other college who came to know recently that I was on an exchange program with a good scholarship.And he remarked that you must be the most satisfied and sucessful person in your batch.Well couldnt say anything,there was still a lingering dissapointment,kind of longing somewhere.Though I tried to reason with myself the reason of such unsatisfaction but couldnt reach a decision.But perhaps ur friend is correct in terming these problems as 'luxury problems'.Though I would still call this human nature which refuses to be satisfied and with each triumphs 'yeh dil maange more'.

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger inhas said...

@ mithrandir : it seems that me in the knack of saying things that are so true now a days....:-).....so you are calling this devil human after all... ;-)...

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Siddhartha Banerjee said...

Wow...that's some pledge!
Staying happy all the time...takes the fun out of life, if you ask me:D
Nice post

 
At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow, I dont want to think about happiness anymore. I sometimes wish i wasnt an intellectual, that i could naively let life tweak my emotions, make me happy, make me sad. Just a normal life... sometimes

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger inhas said...

@ bofi i thought you would refrain from nice post comments.. I will try to be happy but some times "luxury problems" will itch

@ shivam da the intellectual?? cool..I am not one :-)...and who says intellectuals can not experience life??

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Harpreet said...

nice one n i liked the term 'luxury problems'..n keep a check kahin chord zyada stretch na ho jaaye :)

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger inhas said...

@ harry the great one at my blog.. I am honoured.. thanx for the tip ;-)....

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you might have a different definition of intellectual, but discussing life, emotions and all these "deep" things is good enough for me. Not that i associate any kind of connotation to the term "intellectual", positive or negative. All i am saying is most people dont think too much about these things and it doesnt seem to be hurting them too much or helping me either.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

Very sweet post..yes u seem to be on a truism overdrive!!
:P

The answer to the first line of ur post is a vehement "No time at all"
There are ppl who become ur life in 3 secs, others dont make any impact in 30 yrs.


I'm sure Daruius is honoured byyour post.
and ys, wat he says is true.
as i often observe, we all just love to crib and complain...
we dont ahve a very very valid reason most of the time, and even we know it
but smhow it's fun thats it.

sometimes not knowing everything is blissful.
i feel better pretending i do not know how futile my perpetual-complaining is!

there's an old song...i dunno if u've hrd it..that goes..."duniya ka gham dekh ke main apna gam bhool gaya"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home