Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Common thoughts!

I have had the most scariest thought. For a long time I thought I was different, I was unique. I have thoughts entirely different from others. I am an individual not just an entry number. But I have realized through (blogs/mails/general googling) that so many of my friends , some of my enemies or some other unknown creature have had the same thought over time or are having them just as I write this now. Everything I wish to write about, someone has already written about it and better than I ever could. So how am I an individual if I do not have unique thoughts?
It scares the shit out of me.
But it also gives me peace that I am not alone. So many of us experience the same feeling of frustration, anxiety and doubt about where our lives are heading but never tell it to some other person. The weaker of us write it down, the stronger of us share it with a closed one. The strongest of us come over it. Why do I say the weaker of us? It is because that is what is what I feel . It takes more courage to say it to the face then put it on a piece of paper.

Which brings me to the question why do we have to rethink what somebody else has already taught out. Why can not we just believe in aristotle, plato or anybody at all? Why the need of experience?

I have the answers to somebody else's questions but not my own.
And it scares the hell out of this devil.

3 Comments:

At 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we have had extremely brief interactions at iit but still I find it difficult to connect you and this blog. You sound a very different person on the blog. But you are right, you think you are unique only to realise that you are not and then you dont know whether to be happy or sad

 
At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the new comments template. I've interacted with you more than Shivam, so I can say that you don't sound completely at odds with your persona in general. All the same, nice frank blog.
It's scary realizing that your uniqueness that is the main quality that you are proud of is a matter of course for so many people.
e.g. Suppose you are known as a great reader of books in your small circle, but in the new place that you go to nobody really cares much about the fact that you've actually understood Ulysses, they're cleverer and more articulate without it. What do you have then that they don't?

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger inhas said...

@ shivam : What I am and what others think of me are entirely different things. I do not have to live upto other people images of me. Also you do not need to connect, just enjoy reading it if you can and keep coming back :-)

@ shalabh : the new template is your tip so keep using it. What about the other way, you go to a place where they do not care how much you have read even though they themselves may not be so articulate about it but they just do not care?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home