Thursday, October 13, 2005

Longest Day in Sweden

For the first time in Sweden i have been woken up from my slumber. Just had the longest 2 days of my life in Sweden. This is a tip for all people planning to go outside for studies : Never ever take a course with a Lab component. Since nobody gave me this tip , i did 2B1146 at KTH a course known as inbygdda system a.k.a embedded system where I had to right some programs for a soft processor (NIOS II for all the nerds) and download it on the board. But the problem is that you only get the board in your own lab turn and it takes too much time to get it checked. Its not that the experiments take that much time , it is like they do not have enough people to test it. So the thing was I wanted to skip class on wednesday ( for things i will tell you shortly). So the scenario was that I had to get 3 labs signed (out of 4) on last day. So i woke up early in the morning and went to the lab. But i am not that lucky. No extra boards. So wait on. So I sit in the lab and write code for the 4th Lab ( which i have not done) . At 1 i finally get i board and start working. Now this chinese Phd student is who is supposed to sign on my sheet to say it is done is like a real pain in the arse. I am done with the lab and he asks me an answer to this bull shit question in the preparatory tasks. Can the Lab setup produce CD quality???? I am stumped and i say i think the answer is no. Turns out the answer is correct but he wants to know the reason so that i do not know. So i Google ( google is god). Lab2 done.
Lab3 i run my code and call Him again. I tell him i have some error , Can you tell me where it can be. So he goes with his set of test cases and finally after 2 minutes says : This program is not right. Shish, " You are a genius" , i say in my head I had some bug with fixed point numbers so i had to study them and correct my code. But i finally managed to figure it out and did it. The chinese fadda asks me how can the program work right now when 5 min ago it was wrong. Dah????
But the final lab i was clever and waited for the professor. They are so much nicer and he just ran the code asked two questions and was done. Then finally I went for my swedish class. Never ever learn languages for fun. They teach you too much grammar. I HATE GRAMMAR. Finally my plight over at 9 in the night , i trudge back to my apartment, put a pizza in the oven eat it and do not go to sleep. I watch a movie and then go to sleep.
Nice day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home