Monday, October 17, 2005

Why IIT?

"Put Harvard, MIT and Princeton together, and you begin to get an idea of the status of IIT in India."
“The IITs probably are the hardest school in the world to get into, to the best of my knowledge,” says Vinod Khosla, who got into IIT about 30 years ago.

I wanted to right about the IIT-JEE. Then I googled and thought it has already been done. God I hate Google. But the more I hate the more I love it. I will do this some other day when I can do it better than today.

But then I will put up this little question:
If this Mr Khosla is right then "How did I end up here?" with a rank in 2 digits among 2 lakh people and that too only scoring less than 60% on the exam they thought was the toughest in the world.

5 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger Siddhartha Banerjee said...

Why are you cribbing about your rank? And how the hell did you get less than 60%, for I am guessing you mean in JEE....

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Siddhartha Banerjee said...

Peace:D...comments finally enabled!!! Now we will have a discussion:D:D:D

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger inhas said...

ok dada lets say 64%.... sounds all right...but then not much difference that makes. My point is the exam doesnot check anything at all: some great people ended up in 300's and i got in 30's. How fair is that????

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger conufsed said...

shucks i wanted ot be the first person to post aa comment but BoFi took all the credit. So i am going to spam all ur posts to make it even
*i know,some twisted logic this may seem*

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger conufsed said...

shucks !! i had ur address for i week and wanted to be the first person to comment here but BoFi took the credit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home